In Preschool Aquatics Level 2, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills that are developmentally appropriate for young children. Preschool Aquatics puts the “fun” in fundamentals. Each class is loaded with enjoyable, engaging and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim.
This level continues laying the foundation for developing water competency and further skill development. Preschool Aquatics Level 2 marks the beginning of independent aquatic locomotion skills. Children continue to explore using simultaneous and alternating arm and leg actions on the front and back to gain greater proficiency in preparation for performing strokes.
Some of the milestones achieved in Preschool Aquatics Level 2 include:
• Gliding on front at least 2 body lengths.
• Rolling to back, floating on back for 15 seconds, then recovering to a vertical position.
• Gliding on back for at least 2 body lengths.
• Rolling to front, then recovering to a vertical position.
• Swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for 3 body lengths.
• Rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to front then continuing to swim on front for 3 body lengths.