In Preschool Aquatics Level 3, our instructors follow a plan to introduce new swimming and water safety skills that are developmentally appropriate for young children and help further your child’s development of water competency.
Preschool Aquatics puts the fun in fundamentals. Each class is loaded with enjoyable, engaging and challenging activities that motivate children to want to perform and learn to swim.
Some of the milestones in Level 3 include:
• Stepping from the side into chest-deep water.
• Pushing off the bottom and moving into a treading or floating position for 15 seconds, swimming on front and/ or back for 5 body lengths and then exiting the water.
• Moving into a back float for 15 seconds, rolling to front then recovering to a vertical position.
• Pushing off and swimming using combined arm and leg actions on front for 5 body lengths.
• Rolling to back, floating for 15 seconds, rolling to front then continuing to swim for 5 body lengths.
All Preschool Level 3 skills are performed independently.