Engineering for Kids Minneapolis
Osseo Community Education
Mon - Thu, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM
08/03/20 (1 week)
Calling new and returning students! The Engineering For Kids STEM Club is now going virtual! Each class introduces students to a new, hands-on, lesson featuring STEM topics. For each lesson, students focus on developing 21st Century skills such as problem solving, critical thinking and peer collaboration. These life skills provide students with the confidence to approach challenges in their lives and realize that they can succeed in almost anything! Classes will be taught LIVE by one of our EFK teachers via a district-approved platform.
Survival Instincts: Students find themselves on a deserted island and need to invent things each day to survive before they can escape.
• Flashlight • Parachutes • Solar Oven • Powerboats
Materials & Equipment:
- Internet access
- Student kits will be delivered to the Community Ed/Parks & Rec office for parents to pick-up before the start of class (by Thursday the week before class starts). One kit/log-in per enrollment but siblings may join the class and work together.
- Students will need to provide the following basic supplies: paper, scissors, ruler, glue, tape, pencil, markers and other coloring materials.
- Tablet or laptop to join the class.
- A parent or responsible adult is requested to be on-hand at the start of each class to help with any technical difficulties. Kids will need a workspace that can get messy and access to a sink. Younger kids may require more supervision.