Fun 2 Learn Code
Fun 2 Learn Code: Online (location map
Mon - Fri, 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
08/03/20 - 08/07/20 (5 days)
Create a basic 3D video game in Unity, one of the most powerful 2D and 3D game creation platforms. Unity is the game engine used to develop more than 1/3 of the top games in the market place today. Become familiar with the Unity interface and learn about game layout and mechanics and writing code in the C# programming language. This online camp is designed for ages 10-15.
- Must be able to type at least 10 WPM
- Either Windows PC with Windows 7 (SP1+) or Windows 10 (64-bit versions only) or Mac with Sierra 10.12.6+
- Must be able to use computer's speaker/microphone for communicating with instructor and screen share via Zoom or Discord
- Unity must be installed on the computer prior to the first session (version 2017.3.0 or newer)
- Will need to have a Unity ID
We can help you set up Unity if you need assistance with the last two requirements.
- How to create a Unity project in 3D
- Basic game layout
- Player movement in a 3D environment
- Basic game play conditions (such as collecting objects and keeping score)
- Introduction to the C# programming language