SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR MUSIC TOGETHER® IN THE PARK & INDOORS
(If you’ve registered for Music Together Online, please just click “accept”)
In consideration of the COVID-19 pandemic and the health and safety of all families who attend Music Together® classes IN THE PARK or INDOORS for Spring 2021, we will be following guidelines as set by the Province of British Columbia as well as WorkSafe and the CDC. By agreeing to these terms and conditions, you certify that you have read this form and agree to follow the guidelines as stated below.
- Please do not attend class if anyone in your family “pod” has been diagnosed with coronavirus, if you or your child(ren) have been exposed to a confirmed coronavirus case within the last 14 days, or if you have travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
- Please do not attend class if you or your child(ren) are exhibiting any symptoms of illness, including but not limited to fever, cough, sore throat, difficulty breathing, runny nose, stomach upset, undiagnosed rash, cold & flu like symptoms, or contagious infections. You can schedule an online makeup class through the makeup class scheduler on our website.
- Please DO wash your hands frequently, before and after attending our classes. Hand sanitizer will be available at all outdoor classes. We recommend that every family bring their own hand sanitizer as well.
- During class, families will be required to maintain a minimum of 6 foot distance between themselves and other participants who are not in the same family or pod. Spots will be clearly marked when you arrive. Please choose a designated spot, set yourself up and try not to crowd the teacher before the start of class (it’s tempting, we know!)
- Families will bring their own instrument set. There will be no shared instruments or props provided, and no sharing of props or instruments allowed. A small instrument set is available for purchase with your registration, or you can provide your own. Homemade instruments are welcome!
- (Outdoor Only) Families will bring their own blanket/mat
- Mandatory masks. Everyone age 3 and up is required to wear a mask indoors. Please make sure it is fitted and covers both the nose and mouth. Masks are not mandatory for outdoor classes, but please wear one if it would make you feel more comfortable. We encourage you to do whatever you need to do to feel safe during class
- If your child begins to wander, please follow them, redirect them if they are going to enter another family’s 6ft bubble. Feel free to direct them back to the mat, or to wander with them around the class perimeter and continue to sing at a distance. Musical walks are fun too!
- (Outdoor only) Weather issues - Be prepared for cooler weather, sun and rain. Class will only be cancelled if the forecast calls for heavy rain. If the forecast calls for heavy rain, the class will be moved online with zoom. Your enrollment confirmation will include a “just in case” zoom link for bad weather days. There will be no refunds or credits offered for missed classes.
- There will be no in-person makeups this semester, if you need to miss a class please register for a zoom makeup class through our online makeup scheduler. Registered families will have unlimited online makeups to be used within the registered semester.
- If, at any point North Shore Music Together feels it is no longer safe to continue in-person classes, classes will move online for the remainder of the term. No refunds or credits will be issued for cancelled classes or classes moved online.
I understand that naturally occurring disease processes (including, but not limited to, the novel coronavirus or COVID-19), may exist in the community. I understand that while North Shore Music Together, the team and my teachers are doing their best to mitigate the risk and prevent the spread of Covid-19, this and other viruses present an inherent risk that cannot be entirely eliminated.
I accept all risks and responsibility for the safety of myself, my child, and my family while attending these classes.
I confirm that myself and my family are all healthy and not exhibiting any symptoms of illness (including but not limited to cold & flu like symptoms, fever, shortness of breath) and that if any symptoms of illness of any kind should arise I will NOT attend class, and will instead register for an ONLINE makeup class. If myself or my child is diagnosed with COVID-19 within 14 days of attending Music Together Classes, I will immediately inform North Shore Music Together and follow the directions of my Health Care Providers to quarantine for 14 days. If you or your child have any visible symptoms of illness, you will be asked to leave.
I confirm that I will not attend class if I or my child have had close contact with a confirmed or suspected case of Covid-19 within 14 days.
I confirm that I will not attend class if I have travelled internationally within the last 14 days, or if I have had close contact with someone who has travelled internationally within the last 14 days.
Read our Safety Plan
Read RNB Dance Safety Plan